If you love wing, surf or downwinding foiling, or thinking about getting involved, you’re not alone. Foiling is bigger than ever and growing every year.
For those of us who have been in the game a while, we know the pain of waiting for the perfect weather conditions. It can be weeks before an opportunity presents itself, and even then you’re bound to have something else on to chew up your time.
The solution is an electric propulsion system that gives you a boost to get you foiling.
Light wind? No worries. With a Stoke Foil Boost you can create your own weather and enjoy the thrill of foiling even when the winds are light or the waves small.
First, a bit of background
The Stoke Foil Boost is a type of foil propulsion system. But for those new to water sports (welcome!), let’s define foiling first.
Foils for watercraft can also be known as hydrofoils. They’re specialised wing-like structures designed to lift the structure they’re attached to from the water’s surface when in motion.
By leveraging the principles of lift and reduced drag, foils significantly enhance the watercraft’s performance and efficiency. When the watercraft gains speed, the foils generate lift, causing the watercraft to rise, which reduces the resistance and friction with the water.
By including a propulsion system on a foil, additional thrust is generated. This allows the foil to generate enough lift to raise the board out of the water. It’s a bit like putting an electric motor on a bike… only much more fun!
Stoke Foil Boost – key features
Here’s a summary of why people are choosing a foil propulsion system.
The benefits of foil propulsion systems
- You can ride your foil more, even on days in light winds and smaller surf.
- A foil propulsion system allows you to get off the beach if the wind is offshore and back to the beach if it drops out.
- Learn more by practicing new moves knowing you can get back on the foil faster and without fatigue.
- When you’re SUP Foiling with a foil propulsion system, you can paddle further and ride waves earlier in the break, with instant acceleration when you need it.
- You can progress more by riding on higher aspect foils and smaller wings while enjoying all the speed and reduced drag.
Stoke Foil Boost – key features
8 reasons why we love the Stoke Foil Boost
- The Stoke Foil Boost is beautifully designed, sleek and incredibly small.
- A Stoke Foil Boost is capable of 4000 watts and 9 newton metres of torque. That’s massive. It’s why our propulsion system can launch you and your foil on days with the lightest winds or the smallest waves.
- Our foil propulsion systems weigh in at just 3.5 kilograms, due to the high spec materials we’ve used. This incredibly light weight reduces drag and improves efficiency. The Stoke Foil Boost is ideally located around the mast, not as a swing weight on the end of the board. You will hardly notice it’s there.
- The battery provides over 50 boosts, if you’re using the system for wave or wing riding. If you’re using The Stoke Foil Boost for paddle boarding, you’ll enjoy over an hour of assistance.
- The Stoke Foil Boost has a universal mast mount to fit every foil on the market.
- You can fit and remove your Stoke Foil Boost in less than two minutes.
- Controlling the Stoke Foil Boost is easy with the included Bluetooth wireless controller. It can attach to your wing or paddle, or be handheld.
- The Stoke Foil Boost is an electric propulsion system that can help you foil in light winds using your regular foil, board, and wing. This can save you the expense of purchasing separate light wind equipment.
Ride more, effortlessly
Stoke Foil Boost is perfect for those ready to explore further, ride on days with light winds and catch more waves. It’s also ideal for people looking to accelerate their learning quickly and safely, and practice new moves.
Get started with Stoke – Shop online today.